Saturday, May 12, 2007

Just a Reaction

A moment ago i watched Channel 4 in my TV set. My ex-school mate, Atty. Marc Castrodes was there, hosting the Inter-collegiate Debate Championship Finals. I listened to the arguments between Ateneo de Manila and UP. It was such a debate, all the arguments are very much well said and the adjudicators and the audience are impressed. I reacted on the topic because for me it is inappropriate for Teen Magazines (e.g. Candy, Meg, etc.) to publish topics about politics. I mean, you can only read politics in the newspapers and most Magazines but in Meg? No way dude! No offense but who's gonna buy those magazines if the pages talks about the politicians, corruptions, political whores and the never- ending political wars? Well as for educating the society about present political status, which does not only limit to adults but also the teens, there are always classrooms for them and there are parents to do that.
They could have picked a better debatable topic say, economic issues like outsourcing, whether to legalize gay marriage, to legally declare prostitution as a profession, topics about terrorism, finance and foreign investors, etc. But magazines? woooo! Censorship, maybe...
Anyway, I'm entitled to my own opinion. I'm just a citizen who's reacting. The picture above is Ateneo De Manila's debating team speaker Leloy Claudio (idol ko to!). He said during the interview that he's been debating for 8 years. whew! maybe that's why he performed well in the debate finals. You can reach him here>>> Leloy
Shortly after I watched the debate I recieved a text message from one of my friends. Can't help but laugh out loud.
Jaime Zobel de Ayala: 1/2 pinoy, 1/2 spanish
Henry Sy: 1/2 pinoy, 1/2 chinese
Lito Atienza: 1/2 hawaiian, 1/2 polo
Mike Arroyo: 1/2 pinoy, 1/2 pork
John Osmena: 1/2 pinoy, 1/2 pinay
Prospero Pichay: 1/2 unggoy, 1/2 gulay
GMA: 1/2
Joke lang po!

No comments: